In 2015 joined as a Research Fellow the Visual Information Laboratory
, led by Prof David R. Bull, within the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Bristol, UK.
I received my Ph.D. in July 2014 from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Ioannina, Greece, under the guidance of Prof Lisimachos P. Kondi
My main research interests include topics around the video processing pipeline: acquisition, analysis, compression, and communication, as detailed below. Other side research activities include data and biomedical engineering.
Recent Journal Papers
- BVI-SynTex: A Synthetic Video Texture Dataset for Video Compression and Video Quality Assessment [paper] [dataset]
A. Katsenou, G. Dimitrov, D. Ma, and D. R. Bull, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, accepted, 2020.
- Comparing VVC, HEVC and AV1 using Objective and Subjective Assessments [paper] [dataset]
F. Zhang, A. V. Katsenou, M. Afonso, G. Dimitrov, and D. R. Bull, arXiv:2003. 10282, 2020.
- A Multi-Metric Approach for Block-Level Video Quality Assessment [paper]
M. A. Papadopoulos, A. V. Katsenou, D. Agrafiotis, and D. R. Bull, Signal Processing: Image Communication, June 2019.
Recent Conference Papers
- 2-year Prognosis Estimation of Advanced High Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer Patients Using Machine Learning
A. Laios, A. V. Katsenou, Y. Tan, M. Otify, R. Hutson, A. Kaufmann A, S. Munot, A. Thangavelu, D. De Jong, T. Broadhead, G. Theophilou, D. Nugent, 4th ESGO State of the Art Conference of the European Society of Gynaecological Oncology, 2020.
- Encoding in the Dark: an Overview [paper]
N. Anantrasirichai, F. Zhang, A. Malyugina, P. Hill, and A. V. Katsenou, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, London, UK, 2020.
- Content-gnostic Bitrate Ladder Prediction for Adaptive Streaming [paper]
A. V. Katsenou, J. Sole and D. R. Bull, Picture Coding Symposium, Ningbo, China, 2019.
For all papers and datasets see the links below: