In 2015 joined as a Research Fellow the Visual Information Laboratory
, led by Prof David R. Bull, within the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Bristol, UK.
I received my Ph.D. in July 2014 from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Ioannina, Greece, under the guidance of Prof Lisimachos P. Kondi
My main research interests include topics around the video processing pipeline: acquisition, analysis, compression, and communication, as detailed below. Other side research activities include data and biomedical engineering.
Recent Journal Papers
- Efficient Bitrate Ladder Construction for Content-Optimised Adaptive Video Streaming [paper]
A. V. Katsenou, J. Sole, and D. R. Bull, IEEE Open Journal of Signal Processing, accepted 2021.
- BVI-SynTex: A Synthetic Video Texture Dataset for Video Compression and Video Quality Assessment [paper] [dataset]
A. Katsenou, G. Dimitrov, D. Ma, and D. R. Bull, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 2021.
- Comparing VVC, HEVC and AV1 using Objective and Subjective Assessments [paper] [dataset]
F. Zhang, A. V. Katsenou, M. Afonso, G. Dimitrov, and D. R. Bull, arXiv:2003. 10282, 2020.
Recent Conference Papers
- VMAF-based Bitrate Ladder Estimation for Adaptive Streaming [paper]
A. V. Katsenou, F. Zhang, K. Swanson, M. Afonso, J. Sole and D. R. Bull, Picture Coding Symposium, Bristol, UK, 2021.
- Enhancing VMAF through New Feature Integration and Model Combination [paper]
F. Zhang, A. V. Katsenou, C. Bampis, L. Krasula, Z. Li, and D. R. Bull, Picture Coding Symposium, Bristol, UK, 2021.
- 2-year Prognosis Estimation of Advanced High Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer Patients Using Machine Learning
A. Laios, A. V. Katsenou, Y. Tan, M. Otify, R. Hutson, A. Kaufmann A, S. Munot, A. Thangavelu, D. De Jong, T. Broadhead, G. Theophilou, D. Nugent, 4th ESGO State of the Art Conference of the European Society of Gynaecological Oncology, 2020.
For all papers and datasets see the links below: